Science to Encourage Writing
Full-day workshop on practical and fun ways to spark your child’s interest in writing
Designed for parents and teachers
Designed for parents and teachers of children who want to be able to use their child’s interest in science to encourage writing
What you’ll learn:
Science excites many children. Writing, on the other hand, is a something that they often dread. In this workshop, we show you a variety of ways you can combine science with writing to make writing fun. Join us in our one-day workshop to discover how you can “trick” your children into writing by using science.
When: 10am – 5pm (with one hour lunch break), Saturday 25th April 2015
How much: RM 318 (including GST of 6%)
13-1 & 2 Jalan Solaris 4,
Kuala Lumpur 50480
Office: +603 6203 0029
h/p: +6012 307 6590
- Spark your child’s curiosity through science
- Develop skills to encourage active learning
- Make writing fun
- Learn techniques for developing writing skills through science
- Use everyday materials to bring writing to life through science experiments
- Use science experiments as a jump start for deeper exploration into more complex concepts.
|Module||What you’ll learn|
|Developing the curious mind||Use the curious nature that children have and apply it to science so that they are asking questions, making guesses testing their predictions and making their own conclusions.|
|Experiments that encourage writing||Demonstrate ways in which science experiments such as slime, tornadoes, mystery solving or code breaking can get children writing.Work on experiments that encourage a few words, a sentence and a few sentences.
Use experiments as a jumpstart to discussions on more complex concepts in science.
|Science games that encourage writing||Introduce science games that address memory, observation, creativity and curiosity to trick your child into writing.|
|Hands on science||Apply the techniques discussed during linking writing to science through hands on activities.Apply the concepts learnt throughout the day to design your own activity.|
- No refunds for cancellation after 8th April 2015
- Cancellations prior to 8th April will receive an 80% refund
- Should the event be cancelled by us, a full refund will be given.