Stereotyping has become a common trend due to the media and internet. Here are some ways in which we can help to fight stereotyping.
- Talk to your child about different cultures.
- Help your child identify gender stereotypes in the media.
- Keep an eye out for stereotypes about age, race, gender and beauty.
- Talk to your child about how they see themselves.
- Introduce your child to story characters and real people who take part in all kinds of activities.
- Speak out against stereotypes or absences in the media.
This book addresses stereotypes and is a wonderful way to introduce the term to any age level.